Vocus Communications, including any related bodies corporate, is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information and security issues.
The expression ‘personal information’ is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
The type of personal information that Vocus Communications collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. For example we will collect personal information from you if you:
- Become a Vocus Communications shareholder
- Register for services
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Register at our website
Vocus Communications will also collect your personal information where it is required to do so by law (for example, under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) or taxation legislation). Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide to Vocus Communications, will be conveyed to you at the time of collection.
If you choose not to provide personal information requested, Vocus Communications may not be able to provide you with the products or services you require.
We primarily collect information about you through correspondence we engage in with you, for example, through application forms, telephone conversations and emails. We also collect information from sources that are publicly available such as websites, journals and phone books.
Information that we hold generally includes names, contact details, type of business, payment details, account number, records of correspondence and billing statements. If you are one of our suppliers, we may collect other information about you we feel is necessary, such as the nature of the products or services that you supply, quotes that you provide and your direct credit details.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Personal Information Uses
- Provide the products and services you have requested
- Administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts and carrying out risk management
- Research and develop Vocus Communications service offerings
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Vocus Communications to provide you with a better service
- Provide information to ensure compliance with Vocus Communications Constitution
- Provide you with access to and information about a range of current and future service offerings
- Provide Vocus Communications Business and Marketing Partners with information so that they may contact you in relation to their service offerings
- Keep our shareholders informed of relevant information concerning Vocus Communications
- Comply with our obligations under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and applicable tax laws
Personal Information Disclosure
For the purposes set out above, Vocus Communications may disclose your personal information to third party organisations. The organisations to which Vocus Communications discloses information may include:
- External service providers to whom Vocus Communications has contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, Vocus Communications Business and Marketing Partners
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, such as the Australian Stock Exchange, as required or authorised by law
- Vocus Communications professional advisers
- Vocus Communications related companies
- Other professional bodies
You may at any time opt out of receiving information about certain service offerings. For more information contact our office.
Vocus Communications takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to your information
Vocus Communications will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Vocus Communications personnel are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.
Accessing Your Personal Information
Individuals will be able to access their personal information by contacting our office or our Privacy Officer.
Upon request Vocus Communications will provide you with access to your personal information, subject to exceptions stated in the Privacy Act. Vocus Communications reserves the right to charge a fee for searching and providing access to information, particularly where information has been archived or is of significant size and it will take time to locate the information and provide it to you in an appropriate form.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy or wish to make a complaint, please contact us by:
New Zealand: 09 912 8899
Australia: 1300 88 99 88
International: +61 2 8999 8999
Level 4, Vocus House
25 Teed Street, Newmarket, Auckland.